Saturday, January 24, 2009

World's Busiest Airport

For the fourth consecutive year, the FAA said the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the country’s busiest airport in terms of takeoffs and landings and in numbers of passengers flown.

Is this good news or bad news for those of you flying into and out of Atlanta for the National? I guess it's a little bit of both. It's good news from a number of flights and number of airlines perspective. You should have lots of choices when you book your flights, including options for nonstop flights from many cities.

It's probably not such good news when it comes to security lines, flight delays, etc. I've encountered security wait times of as little as 5 minutes up to over 2 hours. It really depends on the day of the week and the time of day of the flight. It's always a good idea to check on security wait times and flight information before leaving for the airport.

This is a picture of what I would describe as an average length security line at the Atlanta airport.


No comments:

Post a Comment